COVID-19 has changed the way businesses are operating. Digital transformation is occurring across all industries at unprecedented speed, as large enterprises are securing technologies to support and manage a remote workforce, Small Businesses and Nonprofit organizations are struggling to keep up with such transformation.
Unfortunately, this rapid adoption of technologies can bring with it unpleasant results…an uptick in cyber-related breaches.
In a recent study by the CyberGRX group and the Ponemon Institute - They examined that while we are seeing massive adoption of digital technology, we are not seeing the same emphasis placed on the security of this technology.
Some Key Findings Among Others Things:
- 82% of respondents believe their organizations experienced at least one data breach as a result of digital transformation
- 55% of respondents say with certainty that at least one of these breaches was caused by a third party.
- 58% of respondents say that despite the increased risk, their organizations do not have a third-party cyber risk management program.
- 62% of respondents say their organizations have difficulty ensuring there is a secure cloud environment.
- 56% of C-level executives say their organizations find it challenging to ensure third parties have policies and practices that guarantee the security of their information.
At Sightline, it is our mission to keep you up-to-date and help your organization to navigate the cyber-world with confidence.
Download the report here to receive essential guidance for not only the success of your digital transformation strategy but also the security of it.